Before you start this process, please ensure your computer is charged, all wireless cards are enabled/switched on and you have a valid DoE User name and password
NB: DoE guidelines for connecting your device include the following that you need to be aware of:
1) The school takes no responsibility for any issues that may arise, including loss of data, loss of connectivity to previously available networks or loss of passwords. The Staff member needs to agree to this.
2) The Staff member acknowledges that the device is their own property and that they have all necessary administrator privileges/rights that may be require to make changes to the Network Settings. The school takes no responsibility for any issues that may arise, including loss of data, loss of connectivity to previously available networks or loss of passwords.
3) No school staff are to physically touch non-DoE equipment - advice and assistance will be offered but we are unable to perform the tasks themselves.
4) Connection of a BYOD to the school network is permitted under identical terms and conditions imposed when using DoE equipment.
HOW TO CONNECT
1) The Staff member needs to know how to change the proxy settings on their device. Too many variations within non-Windows (AKA Apple) devices mean extended time resolving this issue when they should be working.
2) The device needs the proxy settings changed as follows:
PROXY SERVER ADDRESS: proxy.det.nsw.edu.au
PROXY SERVER PORT: 8080
3) The SSID (name) of the network to access is DETNSW.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONNECT TO NSWDET - IT IS THE OLD SCHOOL DOMAIN
4) Once you have changed the proxy setting, log on to the network as:
username@detnsw (ie freda.kalo12@detnsw) with the your password.
NB Failure to use the suffix '@detnsw' will result in no connection as '@detnsw' is the domain (or environment) to connect to.
5) For some devices (normally non Windows) the logon process may require you to first log on to the network (with the domain name appended as in 4 above) and then connect to the internet. Some devices require a logon to the network (username@detnsw) AND a log on to the internet (username). Other devices (DoE-Issued kit) require a logon to the internet only (username), as the network connection is made when the user logs on to the device.
6) If you find any issues with the execution of this process, please raise a ticket and TSU will attempt to resolve them with you, but please be aware that if you cannot see the DETNSW network, you probably have the wrong wireless card installed in your device and if that is so, no amount of TSU assistance will resolve that issue.